Sapanca Lake and Masukiye Village Tour from Istanbul
Price € 55
About this activity
Tour Duration: 8 Hours
- Booking confirmation: Instant confirmation
- Printed or mobile voucher: Accepted
- Wheelchair accessible: Available
- Cancellation policy: FREE Cancellation
- Easy Online Booking: Fast, Easy & SSL Secure Booking
- Vegetarian & Vegan meal: Available
- Things to do in Istanbul Daily tours and Excursions in Istanbul
- Skip the ticket line: Yes
Tour Guiding: English , Turkish
Tour ID: 310
Departure Location: Istanbul
Select participants and the tour date:
- Visiting the Zoo (in summer)
- Sapanca Lake
- Masukiye village
- Masukiye waterfall
- Mount Kartepe (in winter)
Sapanca lake and Masukiye village tour from Istanbul, a city escape!
(Kartepe ski center is visited in the winter)
Sapanca and Masukiye excursion is one of the nice trips out of Istanbul especially for nature lovers. Escape the bustle of Istanbul city, and discover a popular weekend retreat from the city with a 14-hour day trip to Lake Sapanca and the village of Masukiye in the Gulf of Izmit near Istanbul.
Enjoy a relaxed lunch (included) under a canopy of trees, and hiking thru Kartepe Mountain.
You can make a discovery by walking, cycling around Sapanca Lake, which provides a cruise that does not satisfy the taste of summer and winter, and you can add the places around the lake to your sightseeing route.
The lake has a different legend. After listening to this legend from the locals, maybe if you are lucky, if the water is pulled a little, you can see the minaret in the middle of the lake. There are too many reeds on the lake.
The Legend of Lake Sapanca
According to a legend, there was once a town in the area where the lake is now. There were rich people living in this town, but these people were very fond of the world property. One day a poor but very good man came to visit this town from one of the nearby mountains. The man wanted to be a guest in the locals' houses, but no one accepted, then asked for water, but nobody wanted to give him water.
When Derviş was leaving the town hungry and thirsty, he came across a hut on the way. This was a slinger's shop, making money by selling slingshots to the townspeople.
The man opened the door with a smiling face to the dervish and invited him in. He offered her dinner. The dervish was pleased to be the guest of the good-hearted sling. When they woke up in the morning, the slinger accompanied the dervish to the mountains. When the slinger came back to town, he saw that there was no town. There was only one lake. There was a disaster and it swallowed the whole town. Today you can still see a minaret rising in the middle of the lake when you go to there. Indeed, the lake has left a town under water and there are still structures under water.
Tour program for the Sapanca lake and Masukiye village
Full Day Istanbul city escape - Lunch and mountain ride included
Sapanca and Masukiye tour from Istanbul is one of our nice excursions out of Istanbul especially for nature lovers. Escape the bustle and noisy boring traffic of Istanbul, and explore a popular weekend retreat from Istanbul on a 14-hour day trip to beautiful freshwater lake Lake Sapanca and the picturesque village of Masukiye in the Gulf of Izmit, not too fr from Istanbul. Enjoy a relaxed lunch under a canopy of trees resting the soul, and climb Kartepe Mountain.
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels of Istanbul (No pick up service from Anatolian side of Istanbul)
- Zoo visit (not visited in winter)
- Visit of Sapanca Lake, have a walking lakeside or pedalling on the lake
- Visit of Masukiye village (located between lake Sapanca and Kartepe mountain)
- Visit of Masukiye Waterfalls
- Lunch in Masukiye village
- Hike up of Mount Kartepe (not visited in summer)
- End of the tour and Return to Istanbul and hotels
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels of Istanbul
- Entrance fees
- Lunch in Masukiye village
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Service fees and local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Ski fees in Kartepe
Know before you go
Pick Up Place
Pick up Point
Sapanca lake and Masukiye Full-Day tour from Istanbul
Full Day city escape, lunch and mountain ride Included
We do not visit Kartepe Mountain in the summer, we do not visit the zoo in winter.
There may not be enough water in Maşukiye waterfall during the hot summer season or for other reasons beyond our control.
We make warnings when necessary, but the quality of living conditions of the animals in the zoo is beyond our control.