Cappadocia Green Tour
Price € 39
About this activity
Tour Duration: 8 Hours
- Booking confirmation: Instant confirmation
- Printed or mobile voucher: Accepted
- Cancellation policy: FREE Cancellation
- Easy Online Booking: Fast, Easy & SSL Secure Booking
- Vegetarian & Vegan meal: Available
- Skip the ticket line: Yes
Tour Guiding: English , Turkish
Tour ID: 375
Departure Location: Cappadocia
Select participants and the tour date:
- Cappadocia Derinkuyu underground city
- Cappadocia Ihlara Valley and canyon
- Cappadocia Selime Monastery
- Cappadocia pigeons valley
Green Tour: Derinkuyu Underground City & Ihlara canyon tour
Cappadocia Green tour is the longer distance tour of Southern Cappadocia. There are two good reasons why many people do join on this tour. Ihlara valley which is the famous for hundreds of antique churches caved in the volcanic rocks, and Derinkuyu underground city which is an ancient underground city with spectacular viewpoints. There is relaxed hiking along the Ihlara Valley, however you can get a good picture of the valley without much of effort.
The Main green tour attractions: Göreme panorama, Underground city, Güvercinlik valley, Ortahisar greek village, Red valley, Kaledibi monastery, Onyx stone workshop.
If you want to walk and hike : Green or Blue Tour
If Looking for memorable romance : Green Tour because walking in Ihlara with your partner will be memorable.
Want to visit underground city : Green tour , Derinkuyu Underground city
For a nature lover, Cappadocia means being fascinated by the miracles of nature in every point along Cappadocia region. But to be interwined with magical nature and to breathe the fresh air of Cappadocia, you can choose the unique Green tour, which is mostly in the open air, which allows you to walk for miles along the beautiful valleys. In addition to the Green tour, you can also consider to adding ATV quad tour or Jeep safari tour so you can ride inside the magical valleys of Cappadocia.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cappadocia between 09:00 and 09:15, and depart for our full day Green tour with Derinkuyu Underground city & Ihlara valley & canyon Tour.
Our first stop is Derinkuyu underground city where dwellings with stables, cellars, storage rooms, refectories, churches and wineries were used as refuges for the Christian communities.
The depth of Derinkuyu underground city is approximately 85 meters. This underground city has all the features found in an underground city. (Barn, cellar, dining hall, church, wine house, etc.) Also, there is a missionary school on the 2nd floor. The ceiling of the school, which is a large area, is covered with barrel vault, which is not common in underground cities. The spaces to the left of the hall are study rooms.
We will continue to our tour by transfering to the Ihlara canyon zone also known as Grand canyon created from the ashes of the volcanic Mt Hasan. After we will do an enjoyable hiking through the canyon, which is watered with Melendiz stream. Rock-cut churches spread across a local natural plantation, will deeply surprise you with their successfully drawn representation from the Bible.
We will have our delicious lunch in a local restaurant in Belisirma by the stream followed by pay a visit to Selime with hollowed out citadel and churches where stunning fairy chimneys rest on the steep hillside.
End of the tour and return to your hotel about 17:00
Attractions Program for Green tour Cappadocia
- Pick up from hotels in Cappadocia region
- Visiting of Derinkuyu underground city (The Cappadocia-Derinkuyu underground city was a 2500-year-old multi-storey underground city, reaching a depth of approximately 85 meters. Reportedly large enough to accommodate up to 20,000 people, along with livestock and food stores)
- Hiking along the Ihlara valley and canyon
- Lunch in Belisirma village near Ihlara valley
- End of the tour and return to the hotels about 17:00
- Pick-up & Drop Off from/to your Cappadocia Hotel
- Open buffet lunch
- All local tax and insurances
- Entrance fees to the scheduled museum
- Full Day Derinkuyu Underground City & Ihlara valley/canyon tour
- Professional English-speaking Tour Guide
- Personal expenses
- Beverages during the tour
Know before you go
Pick Up Place
Pick up Point
Green tour Cappadocia
If you are curious about Cappadocia's amazing and mysterious underground cities and want to enjoy its unique landscapes by hiking along the Ihlara valley & canyon, which is among the world's largest canyons, where history and nature meets in perfect harmony, Cappadocia Green tour, which also known as the underground city and Ihlara valley tour, is a right tour for you!
Transportation on sharing basis maximum 16 passengers by fully air-conditioned, non-smoking, good standard tour bus. Please ask for private tour.
If you have phobia, do not choose Green tour because the walking paths of underground city can be very small.