Excursion from Antalya to Perge Aspendos Side
Price from: € 55
About this activity
Tour Duration: 9 Hours
- Booking confirmation: Instant confirmation
- Printed or mobile voucher: Accepted
- Wheelchair accessible: Available
- Easy Online Booking: Fast, Easy & SSL Secure Booking
- Vegetarian & Vegan meal: Available
- Cancellation policy: FREE Cancellation
- Shopping: No Shopping tour
- Skip the ticket line: Yes
Tour Guiding: English , Turkish , German
Tour ID: 52
Departure Location: Antalya
Select participants and the tour date:
- Aspendos ancient theatre
- Aspendos Ancient Aquaducts
- Perge ancient city
- Ancient town Side
- Apollon temple Side
- Antalya Kursunlu Waterfalls
Perge, Aspendos and Side: An exlusive journey from today to the past!
What we will see on this excursion: Journey from the present to the great antiquity. We will do a remarkable journey to Perge, Aspendos and also Side which are accepted as the most important ancient worthy ruins of the world.
The excursion is good for all those that want to proceed with some sightseeing whereas being away from the crowds. It can also be a fantastic option for many who want to discover and perceive the history of Antalya. Then, a lunch break follows at an area restaurant where you'll be able to loosen up and revel in a tasty meal. The day tour continues with a cease at the historical city of Side. From there, you may also take pleasure in some spectacular views over the Mediterranean Sea.
Ancient City Perge is located within the borders of Aksu Town, 17 kilometers east of Antalya city center. It is known that it continued its existence under the name "Parha" during the Hittites. And this important city was one of the most organized cities of Anatolia during the Roman period. The sculptures found in the excavations in the ancient city of Perge, which is famous for its extraordinary fine architecture and unique marble sculpture, made the Antalya museum one of the most important sculpture museums in the world.
Aspendos is famous for having the best preserved Roman period theater not only in Anatolia but also in the whole Mediterranean world.
The Aspendos Theater is one of the most outstanding examples of the Roman era theaters with its magnificent architectural features and very well preserved until today. Dedicated to the gods and emperors of the time, the building exhibits the latest lines of unique Roman theater architecture and construction technique. It was built during the reign of Emperor Marcus Aurelius (161–180 AD) by the architect Zenon, the son of Theodoros.
We will have Lunch in Aspendos.
After lunch we will drive to Side.
Side, the richest and most important port city of Pamphylia in ancient times, was founded on a 350-400 m wide peninsula, 80 km east of Antalya and 7 km southwest of Manavgat.
Side, VII. century has been an important settlement center. VI. century with the entire Pamphylia region under the sovereignty of the Lydian Kingdom, after the collapse of the Lydian Kingdom in 546, the city came under the rule of the Persians. During this period, the city was able to protect its freedom to some extent and even printed coins in its name. In the Anatolian invasions of Alexander the Great (334 BC), Side opened its doors to the King of Macedonia without showing any resistance, and later became one of the biggest coin centers established by Alexander the Great.
One of the two important temples built during the period known as Roman peace is the Temple of Apollo at Side. The name of this temple; As the god of light, beauty and art, it was taken from Apollo, one of the greatest gods of Side.
Tour program for a memorable full day guided tour from Antalya to Perge, Aspendos and Side, with pick up from all the hotels in and around Antalya city, and lunch included
- Pick up from Hotels in Antalya 08:00 with air-conditioned tour bus
- Transfer to Perge ancient city and visiting of the ancient site
- Transfer Aspendos ancient theater and visiting the ancient theater
- Lunch in Aspendos (vegetarion food is available on request)
- Arriving in Ancient Side town and visiting the Apollon temple
- Free time in ancient Side peninsula and ancient harbour
- Transfer to Kursunlu Waterfalls (or to Manavgat waterfalls)
- End of the tour and Return to the hotels in Antalya (about 18:00)
- Picking up from hotels - drop off of hotels with air-conditioned - non smoking tour bus
- Tour Guiding
- Entrance fee to ancient Perge city
- Entrance fee to Aspendos ancient theatre
- Entrance fee to Kursunlu Waterfall
- Lunch in Aspendos
- Drinks & Personal expenses
- Entrance fee to Side Museum
- Entrance fee to ancient theatre of Side and Agora
Know before you go
Pick Up Place
Pick up Point
A Wonderful full day guided tour from Antalya to Perge, Aspendos and Side, with pick up from all the hotels in and around Antalya city, and lunch included.
In the summer time the water level at Kurşunlu waterfalls is getting too low, actually almost dry. So we may visit Manavgat warterfalls instead.