Boat trip along the sunken city and Kekova island
Price from € 26
$ 30 / € 26 / ₺ 292 / £ 22
About this activity
Total Tour Duration (with transfers): 8 Hours
- Booking confirmation: Instant confirmation
- Printed or mobile voucher: Accepted
- Wheelchair accessible: Available
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- Easy Online Booking: Fast, Easy & SSL Secure Booking
- Vegetarian & Vegan meal: Available
- Shopping: No Shopping tour
- Skip the ticket line: Yes
Tour Guiding: English , Turkish
Tour ID: 242
Departure Location: Kas
Select participants and the tour date:
Prices may differ seasonally. To see prices enter participants and date.
- A wonderful day in turquoise waters
- Sunken City Kekova
- Swimming in turquoise waters
- A pleasant tour day at sea
Daily boat trip along the sunken city and Kekova island
We highly recommend you to take a boat trip during your Kaş holiday. Daily boat trips in Kas and the surrounding turquoise waters offer very enjoyable boat trips. The most preferred of these is the full day boat trip to Kekova Island and next to the sunken city.
Experience an incredibly enjoyable boat tour in the turquoise waters of Kekova and Simena!
Boat tours from Kaş harbor cross a long way and reach the sunken city and Kekova island. We do not prefer this long way for the comfort of our guests. We first go to Üçağız by road and start our boat tour from Üçağız. So instead of a long boat ride to the sea, we start from the sunken city and near Kekova.
We will meet at Kas harbor at 9:00 am for this full day enjoyable and fun boat tour and go to Üçağız which is 31 km away from Kaş by minibus. Here we will board our boat from the pier and sail to the island of Kekova.
During this wonderful boat tour you will see interesting sunken city ruins on Kekova Island. People used to live here long ago. Sunken houses, stairs leading down to the sea and church walls ... and ruins under the water .. and all extremely interesting images. There used to be a life here.
Our boat tour will continue with swimming breaks in the calm bays of Kekova Island. Who knows, maybe you'll have a chance to swim with a sea turtle. Sunbathing from the boat, snorkeling and short strolls will make your day amazing.
We will have lunch in Simena, a wonderful seaside village in the Mediterranean. Simena, a typical Mediterranean coastal village with small and charming streets, also has an old castle. This castle was built by the Knights of Malta during the Crusaders. You can go up to the castle and take pictures and watch the stunning views.
Our tour will end at 16:00 at Üçağız pier and we will return to Kaş by minibus.
Tour program for the full day boat trip along Simena and the sunken city Kekova
The sunken city of Kekova was a port city in the 2nd century. It is known that it was submerged as a result of a severe earthquake. Today, this topic still remains a mystery. The area around the island is under protection and diving is prohibited. It is forbidden to enter the area except on boat tours.
We will try to get closer and explore this mysterious island of Kekova with a wonderful boat tour from Kaş. Crystal Clear sea water will fascinate you. You will enjoy the swimming breaks in Akvaryum bay and Tersane bay. Watch out for sea urchins.
Since the boat trip from Kaş harbor to Kekova island by sea is very long, we usually start our full-day boat tour from Üçağız harbor, not from Kaş harbor. We go from Kaş to Üçağ with our tour vehicle (included in the price). The return will be the same.
- Meeting at Harbour in Kaş 09:00
- Transfer to Üçağız village by a tour bus (30 km from Kas)
- Boat trip start from Üçağız pier
- Boat trip along the sunken city and Kekova island
- Lunch in Simena village (included)
- Free time in Simena village
- Swimming breaks at Akvaryum bay and Tersane bay
- End of the tour 15:30, and return to Kas from Ucagiz village by tour bus
- Meeting in Kas harbour and transfer to the boat
- Approximately 6-hour boat trip
- Drinks and personal expenses
Know before you go
Pick Up Place
Pick up Point
A pleasant Mediterranean day in blue waters: Full day boat tour around Simena and the sunken city Kekova
What should be brought:
Sun cream, towel, spare dresses, hat, sunglasses and some money.
It is recommended to bring your own snorkeling gear.