Sea Kayaking along the Kekova island and Sunken city
Price € 35
About this activity
Tour Duration: 7 Hours
- Booking confirmation: Instant confirmation
- Printed or mobile voucher: Accepted
- Easy Online Booking: Fast, Easy & SSL Secure Booking
- Vegetarian & Vegan meal: Available
- Experience: No experience required
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
Tour Guiding: English , Turkish
Tour Days: Everyday
Period: 01/04/2020 - 31/10/2020
Tour ID: 88
Departure Location: Kaş
Select participants and the tour date:
- Discover the sunken city of Kekova with sea kayaking
- Admire the ancient ruins under the sea
- Enjoy kayaking along ancient Lycian turquoise waters
- Enjoy the magnificent blue waters and green shores
- No previous experience is needed
Sea Kayaking along the Kekova island and the Sunken City
Treat yourself with the high joy of such an outstanding day!
This fantastic kayaking excursion takes you to the sunken city of Kekova, a location that can just be reached only by sea. Kekova is a lengthy thin island that divides the ocean blue from the landmass and here you can see the enchanting sunken city. You will explore the ancient ruins below water level, as well as see the strange chambers, steps, and wall surfaces sculpted straight into the rocks.
Tour Duration 07:00 - 14:30
Tour Distance: 3 sea miles
We will begin the kayaking trip from the town of Üçağız, located at the inner harbor of the Kekova. Paddling of south-westward we will arrive in ancient shipyard bay on the Kekova Island after about 1 hour by paddling. During a 30-minute break on the island you can swim, do snorkelling, trek around the ruings, or laze on the tiny beach.
Sea kayaking in Kas Turkey
We will then paddle along the sunken city side of Kekova Island and then take a short cross to Simena village to locate the lunch area. After lunch you can climb up to Simena Castle as well as enjoy the impressive panoramic sights of Kekova from the castle. After leaving Simena behind we will be paddling back to Üçağız village.
No experience is required. Everybody can do!
You will enjoy your sea kayaking day along the island of Kekova with its sunken city.
The sea kayaking tour is suitable for all degrees from professional ones to complete beginners. If you are a complete beginner for sea kayaking, don't worry, you will discover the essentials of the sporting activity in an attractive bay opposite of Kekova island. You will certainly after that paddle out to the island as well as opt for an unforgettable journey!
- Meet in Kaş harbour 07:00
- Transfer to Üçağız
- Sea kayaking starts from Üçağız
- Sea kayaking to the old shipyard
- Sea kayaking along the Sunken city Kekova
- Paddling to the Simena village
- Lunch in Simena village
- Paddling towards to Üçağız
- End of the tour and Transfer to Kaş
- Transfer to Kekova
- Classic Kekova tour 3 sea miles
- Kayaking Guide
- Kayak and full equipment
- Lunch at a fisherman restaurant
- Drinks & Personal expenses
- Kekova West/East 7m
Know before you go
Pick up Point
Pick Up Place
Sea Kayaking at Kekova Island as well as the sunken city:
No experience required. (Kekova Classis tour)
Meeting at Kaş harbour and departure time 07:00 - 07:30
Returning time to Kaş 14:30
Departures and as well as arrivals may alter due to seasonal dawn and sunset times.
What to bring:.
Sun protection, sunlight hat & sunglasses
Bikini & towel
Shoes, dive booties or canvas/tennis footwear
Safety glasses or snorkel equipment is recommended
It is suggested that you put on a t-shirt under the life vest while kayaking to give you more security from both the sun and the activity of your arms under the life vest
Please note that weather conditions are important for sea kayaking.
Routes Kekova west and East 7 miles are extra, to be booked extra per person.